Distance learning adaptation in vocational training
visit to the Czech Republic
project number 2016-1-LT-01-KA102-022813
12. – 16. September 2016
Participants to the visit were vocational teachers and training organizers from Public organization Panevezys Labour Market Training Center, Panevezys, Lithuania
What knowledge, skill and competencies did participants acquire?
- The participants learned about the principles and process of the open and distance learning in the European context, including the course curriculum design, tutoring skills, monitoring and evaluation of the distance learning.
- Practical skills developed:
- Design of the distance learning program
- Use of the distance learning programs in the VET institutions – understanding of the specifics of the VET conditions
- SWOT analysis performance
- SWOT for the distance learning in VET
- Use of the LMS tools (Moodle, Google Office…)
- Participants received a big collection of the learning and training materials regarding the project topic including e-books, videos, case studies, training/exercise materials and presentations – for the future study and inspiration.
What learning methods were used during the visit?
The participants were given tasks regularly - for the self-study (every day) and “home-work” (three times during the stay) in order to keep track with the project plan, repeat important information and get prepared for the following day.
In the end of the visit the participants worked independently on the project in order to present the knowledge and skills gained in a practical way – a course design that they may keep on developing and use in their organization. During the last day of the visit they received the feedback on the project quality.
What benefits did ProEduca get by attending in this project?
For our organization it was a great opportunity to provide an activity of this kind (to be a host of the Erasmus+ KA1 project).
The entire program of the visit was tailor-made to the requirements of the sending organization and in this shape it can serve the same purpose in the future.
Thanks to this project we were able to include the distance learning among the subjects/programs taught in our institutions and offer them to the potential customer across Europe.